Support for Indie Authors Presents: Night of the Living BOOK BLAST (A-WooOooOooo!!!)

Once again, it’s time for a #SupportIndieAuthors sponsored  Book Blast event! 
This time around, your spook-tacular event coordinators bring you: 

Adorable illustrations brought to you by SIA’s very own Featured Author of the Month, Melissa Jensen.

Although the name is spooky, there’s going to be something for everyone. On Saturday, October 24th, we will have dozens of authors offering scores of free books! As usual, in the week leading up to the event, we’d like to tell you a little about our participants, so we’ve devised this holiday themed mini-interview. Since there are so gosh darned many of us, we’re going to do things a little differently this time around. Instead of one very long list of authors, several bloggers will each post a handful of interviews. Below you will find not only the talented authors who I am hosting, but links to all of the other blogs, so make sure to click though and meet all of our authors!

And of course, all of our books will be listed on the official Book Blast website:


So don’t forget to mark your calendars for Saturday, October 24th, and spread the word about this exciting trick-free treat!



What is your name?
Christina McMullen

What are the names and genres of the books you are offering? 
The Eyes of The Sun, which is a sci-fantasy hybrid with a unique spin on vampires, and Kind of Like Life, which is a YA that also qualifies as a sci-fantasy hybrid, but with a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits style twist.

Who will enjoy the books you are offering, spooky fiends or fraidy cats?
While I deal with vampires, deranged doctors, and a few other spooky style baddies, there is nothing that should scare the fraidy cats away.

Tell us about your favorite, worst, most unique, or most embarrassing Halloween costume. Got a picture you can share with us?
Like a few other people here, I grew up in the north, where Halloween was the unofficial start to winter. Instead of pretty princess, I would be bulky princess. Well, in the third grade, it was a rather cold year. In fact, I think it was snowing. I wanted to be a pretty princess, not a bulky princess. My mother wanted a child who wasn’t throwing a tantrum, so she came up with a brilliant plan. She put an oversized pair of yellow footie pajamas over my coat, painted rosy red cheeks and bright red lips, and threw a pink bow in my hair. I was not a princess, but I was something better: Ms. Pacman.
Unfortunately, no pictures were taken that year. Instead, here’s a blurry picture of me and my siblings in a pumpkin patch and one where I zombified myself for last year's Going Green Launch.

Life is like a bag of Halloween candy. Which seasonal treat are you?
I am the weird little peanut butter nougats that come in the plain orange and black wax wrappers. Their weird looking, right? Not to mention a little creepy. Not many people are willing to peel back that wrapper and take a chance, but those who do might be in for a treat. Or they might be totally grossed out. There’s not really much of an in between.

Where can readers find out more about you
?


What is your name?
G.G. Atcheson

What is the name and genre of the book you are offering?
The Legacy: Fate. It's Urban Fantasy with a little bit of ScienceFiction.

Who will enjoy the book you are offering, spooky fiends or fraidy cats?
It's not scary.

Tell us about your favorite, worst, most unique, or most embarrassing Halloween costume. Got a picture you can share with us?
There's not much to say, really. When I was a kid, year after year, my mother only ever made us but one costume. It was always the same. She'd take old bed sheets and cut holes for the eyes and the hands. Tie it all up around the waist and that's it. We were ghosts. She would put on the same disguise and go trick or treat with us. Since she barely reached five feet, people often mistook her for my older brother.

Life is like a bag of Halloween candy. Which seasonal treat are you?
I'd say I'm the old M&M. No matter what season it is, no matter what color I wear, I'm always sweet on the inside…Ok, that sounded a bit cheesy. Still…I'm an M&M because the truth is you can't stop at one. You'll need more. It's just how it is.

Where can readers find out more about you?





What is your name?
Well, my pen name is A.E. Hellstorm. My legal name is a little more difficult to remember. ;-) Okay, here goes: Anna Eleonora Haglund Hellstrom.

What is the name and genre of the book you are offering?
I’m offering In the Hands of the Unknown, which is a book in a mixed genre: horror, crime and relationship drama with lots of turning points and surprises.

Who will enjoy the book you are offering, spooky fiends or fraidy cats?
Since I’m definitely a crazy cat lady, I’ll go with the fraidy cats. ;-)

Tell us about your favorite, worst, most unique, or most embarrassing Halloween costume. Got a picture you can share with us?
My ghost serial-killer costume was pretty neat. (I’ve only been celebrating Halloween for about eight years, since I grew up in Sweden where we dress up as witches during Easter, but didn’t start celebrate Halloween until recently.)
  
Life is like a bag of Halloween candy. Which seasonal treat are you?
I’m the tangy mandarin orange, no doubt about it: sweet, but with a fresh note to it, and totally unexpected in the candy bag.

Where can readers find out more about you?


What is your name?
Melissa Jensen

What is the name and genre of the book you are offering?
The Toymaker, Fantasy and science-fiction.

Who will enjoy the book you are offering, spooky fiends or fraidy cats?
I would say both. It's not a scary book, but it has a few mildly creepy elements.

Tell us about your favorite, worst, most unique, or most embarrassing Halloween costume. Got a picture you can share with us?
I once made a rather elaborate dragon costume out of paper mache (sp?) and material in the hopes of winning a costume contest. People kept thinking I was a dinosaur, and I didn't win the contest. I was a little annoyed. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture. It was actually a pretty costume. 

Life is like a bag of Halloween candy. Which seasonal treat are you?
Oh, that's a tough one. I keep gravitating toward Milky Way (pun totally intended). You would think there wouldn't be much to a Milky Way what with it only being caramel and nouget- no peanuts, no wafers for crunchiness -, but once you give it a try you find there's a lot more to it flavor-wise than you expected.

Where can readers find out more about you?


What is your name?
T.R. Briar

What is the name and genre of the book you are offering?
Name: Realm Wraith
Genre: Dark Fantasy

Who will enjoy the book you are offering, spooky fiends or fraidy cats?
I would say spooky fiends.

Tell us about your favorite, worst, most unique, or most embarrassing Halloween costume. Got a picture you can share with us?
Most of my weird Halloween costume moments stem from how freezing cold it gets in October, and I always had to hide half my costume under a down jacket. One year I was an angel, and I ended up wearing the wings and halo over the coat so I was this poofy, bulky angel when I went door to door. No pictures that I'm aware of, sadly.

Life is like a bag of Halloween candy. Which seasonal treat are you?
I suppose I'm like candy corn: enjoyable in small doses, but too much of me and you'll make yourself sick.

Where can readers find out more about you?
They can follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/Briarsan
or visit my website at http://www.invertedworlds.com/
and more of my books can be found at http://www.amazon.com/T.-R.-Briar/e/B00F74NZWY/


Don't forget, there are many more authors! Keep trick or treating and find out what the rest of our authors have to offer by visiting the links below!

More spooky treats are available from Ellison 'The Black Cat' Blackburn.

See what's boiling in the cauldron with Ann Livi 'Toil and Trouble' Andrews.

You can run, but you can't hide from Riley 'The Ripper' Westbrook.

What's that noise? Find out with P.D. 'Don't Open That Door!' Workman.

See what horrors our garden grows with Shari 'Scary Quite Contrary' Sakurai.

Rest a spell with Rian 'The Reaper' Nejar.

Want in on the next round of Book Blast Madness? 
Join the S.I.A!

Comments